Year Review 2021
Twenty twenty-one has come and gone. So lets see what I got done!
I spent a lot of time refining the site - then contradicting that by trying out some of the new advances in the web:
- Re-write of most of my work pages to add more detail.
- Condensed email marketing to a single page.
- CSS refinements across the site.
- Container queries
- CSS logical properties
- Adding IndieWeb features
- Creating my own font based on my logo! Its not quite finished yet.
I didn’t write much this year. I was behind the scenes tinkering with the site and working on some other projects.
- In HTML Memory Tested I wrote about the response to my HTML Elements Memory Test and some of the many places it featured. Achieved a personal goal, to feature in a newsletter I subscribe to.
- Chicken Swing Dynamic, an interactive version of Chicken Swing with the Web Animations API to dynamically control the level of swing via an input slider.
- Indieweb Included about the IndieWeb features I have included in the site and what that enables.
- reToothbrush - An app I built for myself to keep track of when I need to change to a new toothbrush. Its been quietly live a while but waiting on the scheduled notification API.
- I was given a Code Mug as a gift, so obviously I created a pen to prove the code worked.
- Chicken Swing (Dynamic) (see blog post).
- HTML Tags Memory Test has received 20,000+ views and 60+ likes this year.
Thanks for reading. Stay safe out there.