2018 was truly the year ‘Dark Mode’ was enabled. MacOS, Android, Windows and services-galore, all enabled ‘dark mode’ colour schemes. Are people working later?
I had my own dark mode of a year and quietly got on with learning some more. The learning list never seems to shrink. I added and crossed off more skills than ever previously.
- I am currently working on a site redesign. It should be ready soon!
- Continued pushing updates to Colordinates. Now with a service worker to function offline, much improved code and micro-copy.
- Colordinates was accepted to the entertainment category of Appscope, a directory of PWAs.
- Far too much tweaking of the archived blackandwhitesquares.com site - cutting weight, making subtle improvements while staying true to the original. Its a habit.
- My popular server 404 page now has the animated smoke it deserves!
- Hop Over Navigation Badge, my CSS animation link hover effect, passed 50,000 views on CodePen!
- Top 5 popular CodePen projects collectively passed 85,000 views!
There are projects waiting in the shadows. They need pushing out into the light!
This year was more about learning and less about writing. I still enjoy writing, but at this stage it makes sense to focus time elsewhere. Heres what I did jot down!
- I looked once again at Mobile Browser Choice Revisited, at the changes in mobile platform choices for browsers and features.
- Celebrated 10 years blogging in one form or another across Tumblr, WordPress.com and here on paulfosterdesign/blog/.
- Just for fun, a parody clickbait advert for my site.
You can subscribe to by blog (via RSS) for my web thoughts and my CodePen profile for my code demos, as and when I think them.
Thanks for reading!All Posts