I had a little less screen-time this year. The web felt a little less open and web-like. I didn’t feel the motivation to create or post as often.
Content takes time to put together and it has become a little frustrating that algorithms are now firmly in the middle, deciding to show content that I have shared and made available. The non-chronological feed is a lottery. If you are reading this, you made it, thank you. Read on…
- AnimeJS Logo Bounce CodePen demo. My logo ricochets around, using the ‘SVG motion path’ function.
- I upped my JS game, learned ES6 and re-wrote one of my earliest CodePens with ES6 to see the difference, Much Content? (ES6 Fork).
- Hop Over Notification has now passed 35,000 views (~20K since 2016), plus my top 5 popular pens passed 60,000 views collectively.
- Colordinates, my geoposition colour app, is now included in the PWA Directory of Progressive Web Apps.
- Moved this site to HTTPS (see the padlock?) and faster hosting, I continue to try and improve performance.
- Migrated blackandwhitesquares.com 1500+ posts away from Tumblr and archived the project as a static website.
- With people relying on browsers ‘Reader View’ to get the content they want, faster and without distractions, is a Read Only Web ahead?
- Posted about Lite Club, and the new trend of companies offering light-weight versions of their services.
- Wrote some impromptu posts participating in the WordPress.com Daily Inspiration post. Plus other personal posts.
With the extra time, I was designing, coding and learning. I have a list of web technologies I need to take on, and I ticked a lot more from my list than ever. Next year I aim to release some new projects and have more things people will get to see and use. See you in 2018!
Follow my up to the minute thoughts on Twitter and keep up with my projects on CodePen.All Posts