Paul Foster Résumé
In a four year professional career, I have worked for three household name e-commerce retailers in the retail and leisure markets and I am ready to take my career further with a fresh challenge.
I want to form a key part of a team and actively participate in moving a company forward through great creative, technical improvement and enhanced user experience.
Efficiency, clean semantic markup and accessibility are my benchmarks. I am a passionate enthusiast for new and disruptive technology and have a great interest in the mobile, social networking spaces and the direction the future web is taking.
Career Break - Personal Projects
www.paulfosterdesign.co.uk blackandwhitesquares.com Print Theme
- Designed and launched v3 of my portfolio site, improving my WordPress skills. Present version launched using Kirby CMS, a ‘flat-file’ CMS system built for speed.
- Created ‘Print Theme’ for Tumblr blogging platform. Uses HTML5, CSS3 transitions, Peak of 470+ installs.
- Launched blackandwhitesquares.com about QR code use, using Tumblr. Two BAWS posts have featured in the #Tech tag, one of Tumblrs’ most popular curated tags.
- CodePen code demos success, top 5 popular pens have 45,000+ views collectively. My first Pen Excerpt Peek, made editors Picks and Popular sections. Chicken Swing SVG an animated loader was also selected for Popular Picks. CSS 1K, became the basis of a CodePen blog post inspiring other designers to try this popular challenge using less than 1K of CSS. Hop Over Notification was featured in, A Collection of Pure CSS Animation Snippets & Demos, by Envato. Flexbox Film Credits was chosen for the editor picks and has passed 25,000 views, 100+ hearts.
- Kirby CMS CodePen extension. Kirby CodePen extension now features on getkirby-plugins.com, a quality resource of Kirby 2 code plugins.
- Contributed to open source projects on GitHub and participated in user testing with the local council.
- 404 page accepted to sites dedicated to showing interesting 404s. Included in 46 of the Web’s Most Creative 404 Error Pages (2015 Edition), by Noupe. Featured on TAXI as part of a post about 404sites.tumblr.com. Also featured on reallygood404.com, 404notfound.fr and was 404 of the week on Bonjour 404.
Thomas Cook - Web Designer 9 week contract role
thomascook.com directholidays.co.uk hotels4.co.uk
- Primary duties email marketing material for Cruise Thomas Cook.
- Creation of merchandising material for the numerous Thomas Cook brands.
- Troubleshooting cosmetic IE 6 (yes) specific issues with the Club 18-30 site after a recent redevelopment.
GAME Group - Online Designer 14 months
game.co.uk gamestation.co.uk gameplay.co.uk
- Duties include email marketing, landing pages, weekly re-merchandising of the GAME.co.uk site.
- Tasking and coordinating assistant designers with feature creative for weekly newsletter, based around merchandising commitments.
- Revamp of the customer communication templates for Game, Gamestation and Gameplay brands.
- Creation of affiliate banner templates and digital merchandising for PPC campaigns.
Ideal Shopping Direct - Web Designer 29 months
- Present through two major site redesigns involving the creation of page templates, design and mockup of basket and checkout process, working with development team, user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Creation of web advertising for events and promotions. Generation of high distribution email shots and relevant landing pages, microsites, competition pages and customer buying guides.
- Older audience required a very accessible approach to design, markup and page weight.
University of Wales Institute Cardiff (now Cardiff Metropolitan University) Sept 2002 – June 2005
BA (Hons) Product Design 2:1
- LEDFin achieved Second Place, UK Student Lighting Design Competition and Finalist, Lights of the Future Competition in Frankfurt
- Exhibited at New Designers Exhibition, Business Design Centre, London, July 2005
Back To Site