Theres a lot I wish I could undo about 2016… I’m not sure anyone had a great year. I persisted and managed to get quite a lot done. Here’s what I wouldn't undo.
- Choosing a new phone comes with the Agony of Mobile Browser Choice. The trade-off made when choosing a mobile OS, its browser and its stance towards the web. Your choice could see you missing a lot of the webs features and seeing a lot of the app store.
- I detailed my use of ARIA attributes in, Semantically Integrated CSS explaining how I use them as semantic styling hooks for interactive elements such as my mobile navigation menu. I republished it to CodePen and it was chosen for editors Picked Posts.
- Detailed my side project learning, why I did them and what I learned through them.
- Colordinates became a Progressive Web App(PWA), allowing it to work offline and able to be installed to select devices home screens.
- Posted a collection of Pi Browser Bookmarklets for Raspberry Pi users to help them develop on the web.
- After Yahoos security issues, I moved my causal blog from Tumblr to Wordpress.com.
- Flexbox Film Credits, a flexbox layout concept inspired by some classic Hollywood films over the Christmas break. Selected for CodePens editors Picks.
- Hop Over Notification -after being embedded in some popular sites: DesignWoop and Envatos, ‘A Collection of Pure CSS Animation Snippets & Demos’ - went on to pass 15,000+ views on CodePen!
- Put together an app-like pens collection on CodePen to showcase self-contained functionality pens can achieve.
- Top 5 Most Popular Pens on CodePen passed 35,000+ views collectively!
404 Page Featured
- 404 of the week on Bonjour 404, for the first week of February.
- Journal du Net as part of a gallery, ‘Les pages d'erreur 404 les plus originales’.
I think my focus for the coming year will be overall traffic to my site and that probably means focusing on CodePen, where my demos and even posts, continue to get the greatest traffic and referrals to my site.
Until next year, I’m off to Hygge it large! Thanks for reading.All Posts